Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bits and pieces

Hey these are a few helpful hints that help me keep it going. Really I'm lazy and I need some helpful tricks to keep life simple.

Every time that I take a bridle off of a horse I dip the bit in a bucket of water with a good glug of mouthwash in it! This not only helps to get stuck on goobers off of the bit it also just about eliminates plaque from depositing on the bit. This keeps the bit smooth and looking new.

My favorite saddle soap is hand made goats milk soap from the Sitkum Soap Co. My Aunt Marlene makes it and it is wonderful!! I even use it on my own skin to feel soft and silky!!

I condition my tack with Effax or Passier leather balm about 2 times a month or whenever I accidentally wash the leather with the bit wash water. OOPS! Remember one bucket of clean water for the leather and a separate bucket with mouth wash and water for the bits. Having 2 different colored buckets helps when you are tired!

No comments: